Salary up to £75k, depending on experience
We have a great opportunity for a new Head of Finance to join us to provide financial leadership and insight.
You will need to combine both accounting and management skills, as this role has overall responsibility for preparing financial reports plus analysing the financial information therein and implementing effective strategies to enhance overall business performance. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems, alongside establishing effective communication channels to inform management on all aspects of business performance and company finances. The role would include an appointment to the Leadership Team.
Established in 1798, R. Moulding & Co is a family owned and managed business, specialising in high-end residential building projects. Based in South Newton just outside Salisbury in Wiltshire, the company has an unrivalled reputation in the south of England for delivering a high-quality, premium service for new build, restoration and maintenance of residential properties and heritage sites. Projects range from Country House projects and period properties, to bespoke new houses for private clients, refurbishments, maintenance and landscaping works. Mouldings employs over 100 crafts people, has its own joinery workshop, and is one of the few specialist companies with the scale, skills and experience to deliver such a range of work at the very highest standards. As a testament to this, the company is also responsible for the restoration and maintenance of all the main English Heritage properties throughout the South of England. Mouldings is proud to be listed in the Country Life Top 100 annually as one of the top building firms in the country.
Day to Day
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts including P&L accounts, cash flows, balance sheet plus variance analysis and commentaries
- Analysis of financial information to assist understanding of business performance, contract profitability and growth drivers
- Produce all necessary contract commercial analysis e.g. margins and pricing
- Preparation of year end statutory financial statements
- Lead the company’s interaction with auditors and tax advisors
- Develop and lead the annual budgeting and business planning processes
- Develop and lead the periodic production of financial forecasts
- Review company assets and liabilities
- Manage capital expenditure
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and accounting policies
- Lead, manage, guide, and motivate a small team
- Keep all accounting processes and practices under continual review to ensure efficient financial operations
- Review monthly reconciliations of applicable accounting ledger balances including bank balances, sale & purchase ledgers etc
- Manage the calculation presentation and payment of VAT plus payroll taxes & deductions
What You Will Need
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Experience of working in a ‘hand on’ role in a similar sized business
- Thorough understanding of accounting processes, accounts preparation plus of management information systems
- Good interpersonal skills, able to successfully communicate with people at all levels, both financial and non-financial
- Highly competent both in the control & preparation of accounting information plus with solid commercial understanding & acumen to ‘bring the numbers to life’
- Dynamic, committed personality able to fit into a family owned & run environment
✅ Salary will be dependent upon the successful candidates’ experience, ability and potential
✅ Competitive employment packages are tailored around the individual
Please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]
No recruitment agencies please.