Salary Range £40k to £65k
Established in 1798, R. Moulding & Co is an 8th generation family owned and managed business, specialising in high-end residential building projects. We are One of the South’s leading residential building firms and our work varies from large multi-million-pound country house restoration projects and new builds to smaller high-quality residential refurbishments, extensions and maintenance contracts. Operating within a 50-mile radius of Salisbury, our team of over 120 craftspeople pride themselves on delivering a high-quality, premium service, no matter how big or small the project. We have our own joinery workshop and are one of the few specialist companies in the region that has the scale and skills to deliver the range and quality of work we do.
The company is also responsible for maintaining all the main English Heritage sites in the area, including many well-known tourist destinations.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]
No recruitment agencies please.
We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who shares in our ethos of delivering exceptional service and commitment to excellence; and who is an excellent team player and wants to play a key part in our continued growth. You will join an expanding team to manage all commercial aspects of high quality prime residential building projects in a very privileged niche of the construction industry. This includes working for high profile clients on some of the UK’s finest buildings.
This position will be to work with a well-established, solid, and progressive family owned and managed business. You will be based either at the main office near Salisbury, including flexibility to work from home on occasion, with regular visits to sites within Wiltshire, Hampshire, North Dorset and South Somerset.
Day to Day
- Developing and managing Budget Cost Plans
- Compiling measured Bills of Quantities to determine accurate Cost Plans
- Obtaining and negotiating subcontractor and supplier packages
- Reconciliation and review of subcontractor and supplier packages
- Managing and controlling pricing variations
- Preparing and agreeing valuations on live projects
- Liaising and negotiating with clients QS team to agree pricing and valuation levels
- Preparing monthly cost value reports for the company’s leadership team review
- Produce final accounts
What You Will Need
- RICS accredited degree qualification in Quantity Surveying
- At least 5 years’ experience of Quantity Surveying
- Good knowledge of traditional methods of high-quality construction and restoration
- Commercially astute
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to produce clear and precise communications
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of JCT contract law, structure and process
- Salary will be dependent upon the individual’s experience and level of qualification.
- Competitive employment packages are tailored around the individual.
- In house training and development – This position will work alongside the company’s Senior Quantity Surveyor, and you will have the opportunity to develop this role, and the team, over the longer term.