Job Vacancy : Junior Quantity Surveyor
R. Moulding & Co. are a family owned and managed business, specialising in high-end residential building projects with an unrivalled reputation in the south of England for the finest work. Our projects range from Country House projects and period properties, to smaller works such as house extensions, decorations and maintenance.
Due to an expanding workload R. Moulding and Co are looking for an eager and professional individual who has a keen interest in working within the historic property sector and the unique challenges this sector represents.
The candidates key responsibilities may include:
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Compiling subcontractor packages
- Allocating works to subcontractors
- Recording and calculating the costs associated with variations, additions and omissions.
- Ensuring all projects are completed in line with relevant legal and quality standards.
- Prepare on time monthly valuations following work in progress reviews on site and with contact/ site management.
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support/advice in this regard to the contract management team as required.
What we are looking for?
- Have a flexible approach to work as the role will involve a mixture of site and office based tasks.
- Have a team focus with an ability to communicate and converse with a wide variety of people at all levels.
- Have a self motivated attitude with the ability to work on your own initiative and be able to influence key decisions.
- An individual with a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Have good IT, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear reports to convey complex information in a simple and concise way.
What you’ll need?
- Hold or be working towards a BSc Hons degree in quantity surveying/ commercial management, achieving a 2:1 or above.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Be eligible to work and live in the UK.
- The role will be based in South Newton, with the potential to move on site should projects require site based attendance.
Salary and Benefits?
Employment packages are tailored around the individual. Salary will be dependent upon the individual’s experience and level of qualification.
Should you require any additional support with your application please do not hesitate to get in touch via [email protected]
Please forward all applications to [email protected]. Applications are to include an up to date CV and a covering letter, not exceeding 400 words.