Salary Range £35k to £50k
Mouldings are looking to appoint a Contract Manager to join an expanding team to help with the management of high quality prime residential building projects in a privileged niche of the construction industry. This includes working for high profile clients on some of the UK’s finest buildings.
This position will require a site or head office base, depending on the project. There may also be the flexibility to work from home on occasion.
This position will work alongside the directors and will have the opportunity to develop the role and the team over the longer term.
Day to Day
- Developing and managing prime residential building projects of various nature and value for a wide range of clients
- Working closely with the site managers and quantity surveyor team to monitor compliance, progress, quality and cost
- Managing subcontractor and supplier work packages
- Managing Health & Safety compliance and culture
- Programme and progress management
- Adhering to contract structure, process and protocols
- Full professional qualification; HNC or Degree qualification in Construction Management or similar
- SMSTS trained
- At least 5 years’ experience in traditional and high-quality construction and restoration
- Good knowledge of traditional methods of construction
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Commercially astute
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of JCT contract law, structure and process
- Experience of cost management and quantity surveying
- Procurement (subcontract) experience
- Stable career history
- Working in a very niche and high-quality sector of the construction industry
- Competitive employment packages are tailored around the individual
- Salary will be dependent upon the individual’s experience and level of qualification
- Working with a well-established, solid, and progressive family owned and family managed business, based either at the main office near Salisbury or WFH
- Regular visits to sites within Wiltshire, Hampshire, North Dorset and South Somerset
- In house training and development
The South’s leading residential building firm
The company is also responsible for maintaining all the main English Heritage sites in the area, including well-known tourist destinations such as Stonehenge, Lulworth Castle, Old Sarum Castle and Tintagel Castle.