We have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join our established team to manage our high quality prime residential building projects in a privileged niche of the construction industry. This includes working for high profile clients on some of the UK’s finest buildings.
This position will based at our Head Office in South Newton near Salisbury (with travel to sites required) or site based, depending on the project.
Established in 1798, R. Moulding & Co. (Salisbury) Limited is a family owned and managed business, specialising in high-end residential building projects. Based in South Newton near Salisbury in Wiltshire, the company has an unrivalled reputation in the south of England for delivering a high-quality, premium service for new build, restoration and maintenance of residential properties and heritage sites. Projects range from Country House projects and period properties, to bespoke new houses for private clients, refurbishments, maintenance and landscaping works. Mouldings employs over 100 crafts people, has its own joinery workshop, and is one of the few specialist companies with the scale, skills and experience to deliver such a range of work at the very highest standards. As a testament to this, the company is also responsible for the restoration and maintenance of all the main English Heritage properties throughout the South of England. Mouldings is proud to be listed in the Country Life Top 100 annually as one of the top building firms in the country.
Day to Day
- Developing and managing prime residential building projects of various nature and value for a wide range of clients
- Working closely with our site managers and quantity surveyor team to monitor compliance, progress, quality and cost
- Managing subcontractor and supplier work packages
- Managing Health & Safety compliance and culture
- Programme and progress management
- Adhering to contract structure, process and protocols
- Full professional qualification; HNC or Degree qualification in Construction Management or similar
- SMSTS trained
- Experience of working in traditional and high-quality construction and restoration
- Good knowledge of traditional methods of construction
- Commercially astute
- Team focus – excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to successfully build relationships and communicate with confidence with people at all levels
- Self-motivation, with a positive outlook – a doer, as well as a thinker!
- Great organisation skills
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough understanding of JCT contract law, structure and process
- Experience of cost management and quantity surveying
- Procurement (subcontract) experience
- Full UK driving licence to travel to sites
- Eligibility to work in the UK
✅ Salary will be dependent upon the successful candidates’ experience, ability and potential
✅ Competitive employment packages are tailored around the individual
No recruitment agencies please.